- Music from the Fibonacci string based on substrings of different lengths combined melodically into one song. The resultant
music could reveal different characteristics of order within the string.
- Strings that occur in mathematical problems (e.g., Tower of Hanoi and Lucas Number).
- Strings that represent socioeconomic behavior such as stock market indices and consumer prices.
- Combining related strings into a single composition:
- For example, the amino acid sequence of a protein and its corresponding DNA sequence may be played simultaneously. A harmonious
synchronization of notes between the two strings could be produced where the DNA sequence serves as a rhythmic percussion
- Mathematica could be used to produce graphs of the spirals and tangent lines to the spirals simultaneously. The angles formed with a
line from the origin could be measured to determine if these spirals are logarithmic or not.
Copyright © 2001 Wolfram Media, Inc. All rights reserved.[Article Index][Prev Page][Next Page]